CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Super Responsible Kit

NOT.

Kit Fails at the part about being Responsible!

Thursday night, I'm packing up my gear to head up to Oak Harbor for my Dive Con class. We have two students right now which makes it kinda nice... I don't have to babysit too much and keep forever scanning the pool for kiddies trying to wander around.

I can't find my Twin Jets fins. I can't find my Ocean Master mask Pat gave me for my birthday.

Then, it slowly dawns on me as I recall our Tuesday night Night Dive at Driftwood Park.

"Kit comes out of the water after the second dive. She sets down the fins and mask on a log behind her car. Shaking and shivering, she finds the key she had hidden and unlocks the 'barn door.' She takes out her little bamboo rug and sets it down on the ground and begins taking off her BC, her gloves, her boots, her sockies, her neoprene. She wraps her naked goose-bumped body in her new McNet Microfiber towel and puts another one around her long auburn mane. Derek offers Kit a beer. Kit thankfully accepts beer. Kit puts the beer down in order to get into her sweatshirt and sweat pants. She fumbles in the dark for her sandals. She fumbles more in the dark for her hair conditioner and a brush. Kit picks up the beer, the conditioner and the brush and walks back over to the boys to debrief over the dive. Derek suggests Kit meets him at the Tyee for hot Toddies and a game of pool. Kit agrees. Kit gets in her car, fires 'er up and marvels at the warmth of the heater on her little toes. Kit... drives off without her fins and her mask."

Can you say... DUMB ASS?

Thursday afternoon, I go back to look, MAYBE they're still there. No go.

Thursday night, I pick up a new medium Pair of Scubapro's Twin Jet Max, with fitting spring clips. Luckily I have a spare mask. I need a new snorkel.

.....What's new? I'm just adding more to The List...

0 comments: