CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Exposure Protection & Decontamination for Public Safety Divers

I took a DUI course today - about exposure to contaminants during certain diving situations, the kind of equipment to have during those situations and how, after contamination, to decontaminate.

This is portable DeCon "U" shower by MITI.

It hooks up to a regular water hose and produces a fine spray to rinse divers after contamination.

A foam surfacant, in a portable spray rig employing DF200, was being demonstrated in this picture.

So I got to hang out with DUI VP, Faith Ortins, along with some of Washington states finest police officers, firefighters and other public safety personnel. It was very informative and it has inspired me to perhaps... (read that, PERHAPS) try to write a grant for some funding to get some new exposure suits for WIDC. WIDC has been called in several times to help in containment and recovery. Certain applicable suits would be nice to have.

Let me think about it. I could delegate this grant writing to someone who know's more about it and but Faith had said she'd help me in any way she can. I have to admit, it would be pretty cool to be the one to bring these suits into the dive shop. Think about the brownie points.

Ohwell. That's it for the night.

0 comments: